Oline Contact

Contact me!

Tel: 86-519-68000720

Whatsapp/Skype/Wechat:

+86 15061960650

Contact Us
  • Tel: 86-519-68000720
  • Fax: 86-519-68856880
  • Mob: 8615061960650 Tracy
              
  • Add: NO.11 Chuangye East Road, Baizhang Industrial Park, Xinbei District, Changzhou, Jiangsu Province, China.
Home  >  News  >  Filling and Drainage Design of Artificial Grass

Filling and Drainage Design of Artificial Grass

31/08/2017

Changzhou Golden Moon Fabric Factory Co.,LTD.,

1. How to choose fillers. Usually, the fillers for artificial grass are sands or rubber particles. Sometimes they both are mixed. In mixed use, the shares of them are conditional upon specifically, and normally rubber particles account for 70% and the other 30% shares are covered by the sands. In the past, all of the fillers were sands in order to increase stability of the base of artificial grass. However, with the increasing perfection of production technology of artificial grass, its base is produced relatively perfect. Accordingly, using sands as fillers in the past has been gradually taking place.   Nowadays, filling is done by 100% rubber particles. The mass of the sands or rubber particles which are used to fill are averagely big and small, and must be washed clean before filling. For these sports items with strong impact strength such as rugby, football and the like, rubber particles should be more to reduce the possibility of making the players injured as much as it can. While for these sports sites with small impact strength or almost without impact influence, for instance, tennis court, etc., the only necessity is to make the hardness even as it has a low requirement on the buffering. Therefore, it does not care too much in the fillers selection.                              

 

2. Filling depth. How deep the silica sands or rubber particles should be filled in the artificial grass depends on two factors, the purpose and the height of selected lawn beam. For the sports with strong impact strength, the artificial grass with long lawn is the best choice and the fillers should be filled deeply. Normally, the artificial grass of the football field should be filled 5mm away from the leaf apex. Oppositely, for the sports requiring high flatness and good evenness, for example, hockey, the leaf apex can be lowered properly, and filling depth can be raised, even equal to the lawn surface. A research, conducted by the Pennsylvania State University, shows that in the football field with artificial grass the football’s rebound and field’s hardness to some extent could be determined by filler type and filling depth. 

Drainage planning of artificial grass

Some artificial grasses are planned to equip with drainage system, infiltrative lawn cushion; and with draining pipe in the root, these artificial grasses are much complicated in structure and higher in price. Others, however, are without drainage system, so it relies on the natural slope to drain. Thus, it has a higher requirement in appearance creation.

Before creating the artificial grass, in order to ensure it is excellent in quality and effective in cost, the above said four factors are prior elements. Besides, some other elements also should be taken into consideration, such as low-level processing, selection of glue and the like. In a word, in the practical construction creation, each of these mentioned factors should be linked with the investors’ economic contribution, practical utilization characters of the artificial grass and other elements, to combine the scientific theories with technologies, so as to realize the economic, appropriate and useful principle to the full extent.